Raw Cauliflower and Beet Salad
(cauliflower, beets, red onion, pepitas, tahini citrus dressing)
What you need:
Juice from one lemon
2 tablespoons tahini sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
Flake sea salt
Coarsely ground black pepper
1 small head of cauliflower (I used purple for the color factor), cut into small florets
1 large beet root with greens attached
½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
1/3 cup pepitas
What to do:
1. Make Dressing: In a small mixing bowl, add all ingredients and stir or whisk until combined and creamy. Add a little warm water if your tahini is not creamy. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
2. Prep Cauliflower: Remove any tender greens growing up the side of the cauliflower and set aside. Chop the cauliflower into tiny florets and place in a large mixing bowl. Chop any tender greens on the outside of the cauliflower and add to the mixing bowl.
3. Prep Beets: Using the large side of a box grater, grate the beet into the large mixing bowl. Chop any tender greens and add to the bowl.
4. Prep Onions: VERY thinly slice the red onion and add to the mixing bowl.
Stir in the pepitas.
5. To Serve: Divide salad between two bowls and drizzle with dressing.
Recipe By Libbie Summers
Photography by David Dempsey & Teresa Earnest
Seen: Risha in the Atelier Apron Dress in Black Linen