Grilled Tenderloin and Fingerling Potato Salad
(watercress, mustard vinaigrette)
What you need:
1 pound pork tenderloin
7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound fingerling potatoes
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1/2 bunch watercress, stemmed (can substitute arugula)
What to do:
1. Prep Pork Tenderloin: Rub tenderloin with 1 tablespoon olive oil and liberally season with salt and pepper. Set aside and allow to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
2. Cook Potatoes: In a medium saucepan, place the potatoes and 1 tablespoon salt. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until potatoes are just tender (about 15 minutes). Drain and set aside.
3. Grill Pork Tenderloin: Heat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to high heat. Place seasoned tenderloin on grill and cook for 8 minutes per side. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
4. Make Dressing: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, garlic and honey. While whisking, gradually add the remaining olive oil in a slow steady stream until just beginning to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Finish Salad: Halve potatoes (lengthwise) and add to tenderloin. Pour vinaigrette over. Add capers and watercress. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.