A 3-ingredient delicious dessert that doesn’t involve eggs, flour or added sugar!
Chocolate Covered Date Nut Squares
(makes 16…depending on how big you cut them)
What you need:
1/2 cup packed fresh dates, pitted
1 1/2 cups nuts (you can mix any nuts here, use the bits and pieces of whatever you have on hand)
6 ounces dark chocolate, melted (a heaping cup)
What to do:
Prepare an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper so as the ends come over the sides of the pan.
1. Soak Dates If Needed: If your dates are on the drier side (mine were), soak them in warm water for 5 minutes and drain before using.
2. Make Nut Mixture: Add nuts and dates to a food processor and process until mixture is sticky and small pieces of nuts can still be seen.
3. Start Bars: Press date nut mixture into prepared pan. Use an offset spatula or butter knife to press down flat.
4. Finish Bars: Pour melted chocolate over date nut mixture and spread evenly. Place in freezer or refrigerator until chocolate has hardened completely (about 10-20 minutes).
5. Cut Bars: Remove bars from pan onto a cutting board. Use a sharp knife and cut into squares.
Cook along with Libbie as she makes the recipe!